My blog is a modern-day diary just as much as a way for me to keep in touch with all of ya’ll, so I’ve decided that once a month I’m going to have a personal interview! Feel free to copy the questions and do this on your own. It will be fun to see how much the answers change over the next 27 months.
Challenge: Near the beginning of every month answer the 20 questions below.
1. What kind of week are you having, and why?
My week was filled with emotions! I’ve had to say a lot of goodbyes in the past few days and I feel like I’m going to burst into tears at any given moment. (I got the crying gene from my mom…) I’m also anxious to make new friends and get to Peru, so I’m happy-sad.
2. What’s your favorite color, place, food, book, song, or movie, and why?
Color: coral, Place: I-45 as you drive into Houston and see the skyline, Food: Chuys, Song: “My Eyes” by Blake Shelton, TV Show: Law and Order SVU
3. What do you like to do? How does it make you feel?
I like to sleep! It feels wonderful after taking 21 hours this past semester.
4. Where are you happiest? Describe that place.
I’m happiest at home, because I love getting to spend time with my family and it’s fun to get to see my siblings grow up! I also really love the running trails around Rice and Hermann Park.
5. What’s something you’re good at? What makes you good at it?
I’m good at procrastinating… I leave in two days and I haven’t packed anything yet.
6. What would you change about yourself or your life? Is there a way for you to change it?
I would like to learn patience.
7. What is your relationship like with various members of your community?
In Texas everyone is really friendly, but Houston is so big that you really only talk to people you know. Everyone is always busy with work and school.
8. What about with your friends?
My friends are my rock, and I love how I can be my awkward, bossy, over ambitious self around them! They definitely give me much-needed reality checks all the time and they’re always down for late night “honey butter chisken biscuits”.
9. What keeps you up at night worrying? Are your worries realistic? Is there anything you can do about them?
I worry that I’m going to get attacked by a street dog in Peru!
10. Do you have a philosophy of life? If so, what is it?
My current philosophy is “Que Sera Sera”… whatever will be, will be.
11. In what areas are you optimistic, and in what areas are you pessimistic?
I’m optimistic that I’ll learn Spanish and get in great shape from all the walking I’m going to do in Peru. I’m not really pessimistic about anything now.
12. What are your most prized possessions?
My iPhone… the capability to get instant access to GPS or Google. I also appreciate the giant comfy blankets and pillows on my king sized bed!
13. Who is someone you miss?
I miss my sister who is serving a mission in Mexico!
14. What is a book, movie, song, or television program that has influenced you, and how?
Walter Mitty was a great one! It fueled my sense of adventure.
15. Describe your dream: job, man/woman, house.
My dream house is a quaint place in Cambridge, MA.
16. How would you like your life to be 10 years from now?
I want to have an MBA and be on my way to senior level management of the Boston Symphony!
17. What magic power would you like to have? How would you use it? What would it feel like?
I want to have super human hearing!! I LOVE eavesdropping and finding out random things about other people’s lives.
18. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
I would pay for all of my family and friends to visit me in Peru.
19. If there were a personal chef in your kitchen, what would they make you?
20. What are you looking forward to most?
Flying to D.C. in two days to start my adventure in the Peace Corps!